Ah, growing pains. A good show from my youth, and something my daughter seems to hyper aware of! Pain is concentrated in the muscles and joints, it is believed that some 25-40% of kids “feel” this pain. We made it through the one that impacts in early childhood (3- to 5-year-olds) and, now we get to await the impact of the 8- to 12-year-old growing pains. This post contains affiliate links and promotional consideration.
Helping kids with growing pains
- Arnica Cream – We used this and it really did seem to help – I use it as needed as well! Big thing here is to NOT use it on open wounds.
- Epsom salt baths – As I said before, both kids are in gymnastics so we do epsom salt bath per kid, at least weekly already, and when we dropped these for quick showers over the winter, I did notice an increase in night time wakings! So we’re back to warmer weather and epsom salt baths!
- Massages! Yes, use some natural creams and with gentle touches, help your kiddo through their pain.
- Make your kids less acidic! It may be useful to also help them learn basic breathing techniques that can help alleviate pain and make it more manageable. Since some specific breathing techniques actually help to make your body more alkaline and less acidic they may find relief? Why? It is believed by some that Acidosis and pain go along together. So whether you choose to combine breathing with alkaline water for your kids, I do think it is a useful tool as well as a way to manage pain naturally.
- Visit your doctor. If you’re concerned that it is more than growing pains or if the above techniques are not working, visit your medical professional to ensure it isn’t another issue.
Win a sample of Alkaline 88 Water (which appears to be great for issues of reflux too!)
When it comes to health, there are many choices. When possible, we, as a family choose to avoid masking pain. When kids wake at night from pain, it is not helpful! They need their sleep, as do we! So, as a parent, make choices that work well for you and do not cause long-term issues. Research your choices, before it is an issue, so that you are prepared when it happens.
Tasty Alkaline Water
I love the taste of this alkaline water, and I’m happy that includes minerals. Many filtered water sources are deplete of essential minerals! Himalayan pink salt is added to this filtered and perfected water. It has rich mineral content that includes over 88 minerals and trace elements such as: calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron. These Himalayan minerals are considered to be the best in the world to makeALKALINE88 brand especially unique to other alkaline waters on the market.
I hid a bottle for myself from my samples and my daughter found it and took it to school today! HEY! That one was for me!
But luckily you can win some to try as well!