Update time! I’ve finally (mostly) finished my front room (what some would use as a formal living) and I wanted to show you what we’ve done!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Since we have both hardwood floors and wood furniture, I wanted something that had SOME color in there and went with shades of of sea blue. I found the large flower vase at Marshall’s so this “corner” piece, while slightly smaller than I imagined (I was thinking a large plant but worry about water being on the hardwood floors, and I’ll be honest, there’s no automatic watering systems for in home!), but it works nicely! Plus the ornamental (fake) flowers match those in the picture (ala Ikea 2004).
With a review of the 2-piece washable rug system, ruggable coming in, we had a perfect match in colors AND, it has a rubber backing making it non-slip, AND washable (SCORE! I have kids after all!)
Displaying and our video Ruggable Review: 2 Piece Washable Throw Rug Video
About this throw rug, ruggable review:
- Removable, Washable, Changeable
- Patented technology allows you to easily remove the cover to wash it in your home washing machine. These stylish rugs are as easy to clean as towels or bedding.
- Made of 100% Polyester & Polyester Chenille (with detachable latex rubber backing)
- Cover & Custom Rug Pad Included – 2 Pieces
- Cover: Machine wash cold with mild detergent. Dry on low heat. Base: Saturate with warm soapy water. Rinse with clean water. Hang to dry.
What do you think? What would you change in this room’s decor to make it more inviting to adults, but not too inviting to kids to mess it up (after all, when people knock on the door, they see our entry way and this room!)