I recently let you know that we’ve been healthy kids and it means more time dedicated to pretty intensive work outs. (And, let’s not forget out our kiddos here have always been barely on the “curves” – so keeping our healthy kids HEALTHY is important, and with gymnastics and figure skating, and just good ol’ kid playing (we don’t have a television right now either!), having healthy snacks available is not optional.
So, when our samples from NoGii arrived the day our container arrived from India, it took a few days to unearth the box and get back and try them.
Now I will disclose, I was given these samples for free, but my review is my own and I was not asked to make a positive-only review through Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.
So back to the story and our NoGii review… Since then, I’ve found so many wrappers of these that I’ve had to hide them… My son LOVES THEM! Well, they’re not hidden, but we’ve had a discussion about moderation! My daughter loves them as well and she asks for these over her “kid” bars that we had been giving around a half hour before gymnastics.
Reason to choose NoGii bars as a healthy snack:
- Various protein levels – so a snack on a not-so “busy” day can have a smaller bar or a less-protein intense bar, to the 20 grams of protein bar which is great for my daughter when she has gymnastics. Since she’s a vegetarian, I try to ensure she has a balanced diet that isn’t over doing it in sugars or unrefined carbs.
- Gluten free – this is great when friends come over who are gluten free – we have something on hand, just in case for them as well. They’re “Paleo” friendly as well!
- Protein powders are also available and are great in a smoothie too! I can make our regular “berry” smoothie with yogurt and berries and just add a scoop of protein powder! These are not “dairy” free, but they still work perfectly for us. They are made of WHEY & QUINOA PROTEIN: NoGii delivers a unique combination of two of the most nutritionally “perfect and complete” dietary protein sources; WHEY & QUINOA. WHEY powder is the most biologically available and highest quality source of lean protein, yielding a complete profile of amino acids and branched chain amino acids (BCAAs). QUINOA [Pronounced: KEEN-wah] is an amino-acid rich seed that contains more protein than any other grain, and is higher in unsaturated fats and lower in carbohydrates. NoGii Pronounced [noh-jee]
- Reasonably priced – the bars are HUGE and max out with a price of around $3, the paleo bars are smaller and less pricey, but still on par with other bars, which may-or-may not have the same nutritional benefits.
- Multiple flavors, but likely one of the favorites for kids is NoGii’s High Protein Peanut Butter & Chocolate Bar, which is a delicious, certified gluten-free, and non-GMO protein bar with 20g of high quality protein, additional flavors include:
- Chocolate Coconut
- Chocolate Mint
- Cocoa Brownie
- Paleo Bars like,
- Nuts about Berries,
- Nuts about Nuts,
- Nuts about Tropical Fruit
- Snack d’Lights which are smaller bars (which are the ones my son went through 5 of one afternoon… I wondered why he wasn’t interested in lunch… then I saw the trash can!)
Created by Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Gluten-Free Mom, Emmy Award-Winning Talk Show Host, and New York Times Best-Selling Author of “The G-Free Diet” and “Deliciously G-Free,” NoGii is a line of certified gluten-free protein bars, protein powders, and paleo bars. Made from high quality and sustainably sourced premium ingredients. All products have an ideal balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates and do not contain high fructose corn syrup, trans fats, or hydrogenated oils. NoGii offers a variety of choices to provide you and your family with good, clean, certified gluten- free, and nutritional food choices that fit your active lifestyle.
Like my NoGii review? Want to learn more? Enter the contest!
How do you incorporate healthy snacking into your lifestyle as a busy mom?
Enter the #NoGiiTABLESETTERS Contest for a chance to win a trip to New York City. There, you’ll meet and have lunch with Elisabeth Hasselbeck! To enter, visit www.facebook.com/nogiinogluten and complete the entry form.
This contest ends on July 31st, 2015.
Connect online to see their latest products and get exclusive access to discounts and special offers!
- www. nogii.com