Monsanto and Nestle – they go together for so many reasons – both unethically large conglomerates boycotted by independent thinkers around the world. On May 25th, consider a March against Monsanto. I see them everywhere from Delhi, India and Marquette, MI to Phoenix, AZ.
What are the Reasons to March Against Monsanto?
- Monsanto is the world’s largest producers of genetically modified foods
- Every PERSON in the world has a right to KNOW if they are consuming GMOs, and if they choose, refuse to buy or consume GMOs. Monsanto actively supports legislation which would allow or require labelling
- Pesticides, including Monsanto’s Roundup, which is one of the top used pesticides, is linked to many diseases
- Weeds have become resistant to Roundup, requiring MORE of this toxic chemical
- Monsanto “roundup ready” seeds require farmers to be indebted to Monsanto as they require their pesticides, which cause animal “miscarriages” among other issues.
- Seeds cannot be stored, causing more issues for poor farmers. In India over 150,000 farmers have committed suicide. That’s one every 30 minutes. Don’t believe the doubters who say it has to do with monsoon. Yes, water is a precious resource, but debt to a company is worse than suffering a year. People can’t save seeds anymore, so next year’s crop depends on this year even more. A farmer needs MONEY to buy seeds, they can’t just save some each year to help the next year’s harvest when they buy Monsanto seeds, which are more expensive.
- Monsanto continually sues small farmers for patent infringement – for reusing seeds or when seed coverage blows into neighboring farms, causing pollination
- Does not want people to know the truth of rBST in milk production
- They are trying to rid of Seed Cleaners. Putting specifically-skilled people out of the workforce and creating more need for petroleum-based pesticides, like Roundup
Just search for studies regarding pesticides and GMOs that aren’t funded by the major agriculture companies. Their pockets are deep, they can buy politicians. They are politicians. WE, as individuals must stand up and not buy their CRAP, because that’s what they are.
What can you do to stop Monsanto?
- Vote with your money
- Buy organic whenever possible
- Purchase less of the items that are monsanto
- Use (3/4) to vinegar (1/4) salt as an organic weed killer (use organic vinegar if you can!)
- Let out your frustration by pulling weeds with your hands. Pour boiling water over any roots left behind
- Don’t buy GMOs
- Stay up to date with GMO info and research – I like the Institute for Responsible Technology, a comprehensive source of GMO health risk information on the web.
- Help Organic Consumer Association
- Create awareness
Save the butterflies
Save the Honey Bee
The following movies are great for those interested in more on the topic of GMOs and the harm of Monsanto
Amazon Affiliate Links Support this site.