There you have it! Part of the 2012 World Record Holding Great Cloth Diaper Change!
The record for simultaneous cloth diaper changes has been broken!! After all the tallying, note taking, verification and sweat… the Real Diaper Association has announced,
“The official count is 8,251, that is 3,225 more than last year! Great job everyone! This is amazing!”
Congratulations to all who participated in the events that brought together cloth diapering parents and awareness to communities.
Fun Facts for the 2012 Great Cloth Diaper Change
- 189 sites qualified
- 9 sites had 100+ attendees (only 2 last year), all in the US, with one state (Oklahoma) represented TWICE in Oklahoma City and Tulsa: CO, OK, MI, IL, FL, OK, UT, SC, TN
- 3 cities were in the top 10 both years: Denver, Oklahoma City, and Charleston.
- 21 sites JUST made the Guinness count with 25 attendees each.
- 67 cities hosted events that didn’t qualify for the Guinness World Record BUT DID ACCOMPLISH our goal of increasing awareness about reusable cloth diapers.
- When you Google “Great Cloth Diaper Change” and 2012 – you get 557,000 results. I guess we DID raise awareness!!!
- We had 17 countries register. 11 held events that qualify for the record: Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Great Britain, Ireland, Malaysia, Netherlands, US
- Another 4 countries held nonqualifying (but cloth-diaper-awareness-
increasing!) events: Brazil, Chile, Estonia, Japan